MC
Six Million Dollar Man
Max Brawn
Points: 10,643, Level: 68 Points: 10,643, Level: 68 Points: 10,643, Level: 68
Activity: 2% Activity: 2% Activity: 2%

Training Exp: 2-3
Training Type: General Fitness
Fav Exercise: Posing
MC is a lifting beastMC is a lifting beastMC is a lifting beastMC is a lifting beastMC is a lifting beastMC is a lifting beastMC is a lifting beastMC is a lifting beastMC is a lifting beastMC is a lifting beastMC is a lifting beast

Quote:
Originally Posted by Graeme View Post
I speculate that they buried him at sea in order to keep his supporters from making a shrine or anything that promotes such terror and hatred or make him into a martyr.
That's probably exactly the thinking behind it.

I have to say, however, that the videos of people cheering and celebrating his death will paint Americans as more than a bit hypocritical in the end (and in some ways, no better than those who attacked us).

I am and glad he is dead. The world needs less lunatics, but I am more of the mind of a Dr. King quote in these instances:

"I mourn the loss of thousands of precious lives, but I will not rejoice in the death of one, not even an enemy. Returning hate for hate multiplies hate, adding deeper darkness to a night already devoid of stars. Darkness cannot drive out darkness: only light can do that. Hate cannot drive out hate: only love can do that."

I saw a 9/11 widow saying how his death brings her no peace and nothing can--it doesn't bring back her husband. I can see that.

And this "cutting the head off the snake" metaphor is incorrect, IMO. It was more like "pulling the tail off a lizard." It will grow back.