Thread: Equipment
View Single Post
Old 05-02-2011, 11:43 AM   #7
BendtheBar
Bearded Beast of Duloc
Max Brawn
Points: 1,554,481, Level: 100 Points: 1,554,481, Level: 100 Points: 1,554,481, Level: 100
Activity: 49% Activity: 49% Activity: 49%

Training Exp: 20+ years
Training Type: Powerbuilding
Fav Exercise: Deadlift
Fav Supp: Butter
BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!

Quote:
Originally Posted by J_Byrd View Post
I am looking to spend 5k plus, so I am not going to cut corners as far as main equipment. This is what I am thinking at this point. Also tell me what you guys think about the rack and attachment vs just the monolift. May pay off big to go with the attachment due to space?

Monolift (may go with the attachment) 2-3k
boss bench or someting very strong -800
texas power bar- 350
texas deadlift bar- 350
1200lbs of weight- going to buy this used. .50c per pound
some dumb bells.---not really sure.
I will still have access to my normal gym to hit accessory work, but for me to really do the things I need to I need my own space. Going to be a garage gym for now.
Well I use my rack for all kinds on training. It doubles for an OHP station, incline press station, rack pull station, etc.

I wish I had a monolift but I couldn't do without a rack that has adjustable pins. If I had the ceiling height I would get a rack plus a monolift attachment.

For dumbbells check out the spinlocks. I have small and large adjustables and my large can hold 255, which is nice for rows.

Bench, my best advice is to make sure you get a bench with some form of spotter stands or bars if you train alone.

Destroy That Which Destroys You

"Let bravery be thy choice, but not bravado."

BendtheBar is offline   Reply With Quote