Old 04-30-2011, 04:04 PM   #33
ElementalVirago
Resident Poop Doctor
Max Brawn
Points: 4,413, Level: 42 Points: 4,413, Level: 42 Points: 4,413, Level: 42
Activity: 2% Activity: 2% Activity: 2%

Fav Exercise: Deadlift
Fav Supp: Lard
ElementalVirago is a lifting machineElementalVirago is a lifting machineElementalVirago is a lifting machineElementalVirago is a lifting machineElementalVirago is a lifting machineElementalVirago is a lifting machineElementalVirago is a lifting machineElementalVirago is a lifting machineElementalVirago is a lifting machineElementalVirago is a lifting machineElementalVirago is a lifting machine

Thanks, guys. And sorry if I came across argumentative. I'm definitely not arguing about something I know very little about, I was just trying to understand. But your logic really makes sense, BtB. There really is nothing that says you have to follow X plan exactly. You gotta do what works for you. That really helps me to be comfortable with deciding to be Paleo-ish (like you) and not be black and white about it.

Sometimes I do think I need to be either on one side or the other, not in between, because inevitably someone will question why I do what I do. I hate being somewhere in the middle because then I appear wishy-washy. Like when vegetarians proudly declare that they don't eat meat products, but then they say "oh but I love cheese", and I remind them that cheese has rennet in it (an animal by-product), and they make some excuse why it's OK to eat cheese anyway (when really they just eat it because they like it and want to). It's like, you're going to be something, be it. Don't be it half-arsed. That's why I think I feel like I have to be "either/or", not riding the fence somewhere in between. I know, I shouldn't care what people think, and for the most part I don't but...you know what I mean.

"If someone tells you something is easy and they can't explain how to do it, it's not easy." --Steve Shaw

ElementalVirago is offline   Reply With Quote