View Single Post
Old 04-29-2011, 11:34 AM   #8
BendtheBar
Bearded Beast of Duloc
Max Brawn
Points: 1,554,481, Level: 100 Points: 1,554,481, Level: 100 Points: 1,554,481, Level: 100
Activity: 49% Activity: 49% Activity: 49%

Training Exp: 20+ years
Training Type: Powerbuilding
Fav Exercise: Deadlift
Fav Supp: Butter
BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!

The one thing I learned about communication is this:

Quote:
Make your point and use plain language.
Some will agree. Some will disagree. Iron Addict used to post at bodytrolls.com and provide a simple answer. He didn't attack, belittle or call names. But he was confident.

He didn't try to sell his words with bravado. He believed in his words, helped the best he could, and made an exit without debating.

I can tell you as a writer that my most successful articles are basic articles that present helpful information to the "little guy". I try to stay out of the article's way for the most part.

Either you are selling an idea, or you are selling yourself and the idea. The truth is, if I am going to make the text/article interesting, I have to focus on simplicity, readability, and making a workout/idea approachable.

Some writers are more columnists, like Dan John. And that is OK. He presents ideas with anecdotes and humor.

Some writers who are bravado overkill, well, I just say enough already. I don't think I would want to spend much time in the same room with them, no matter how much they know.

Destroy That Which Destroys You

"Let bravery be thy choice, but not bravado."

BendtheBar is online now   Reply With Quote