BigJosh
Max Brawn
Points: 11,344, Level: 70 Points: 11,344, Level: 70 Points: 11,344, Level: 70
Activity: 17% Activity: 17% Activity: 17%

Training Exp: 7-8 years
Training Type: Fullbody
Fav Exercise: Bench Press and Curls Bro
Fav Supp: Opti-Men Multi Vit
BigJosh is a master memberBigJosh is a master memberBigJosh is a master memberBigJosh is a master memberBigJosh is a master memberBigJosh is a master memberBigJosh is a master memberBigJosh is a master memberBigJosh is a master memberBigJosh is a master memberBigJosh is a master member

Question: When using basketball to build my stability on leg day, should I use low reps of basketball or high reps of basketball? Should I superset basketball with something else?

His logic regarding leg press vs. the squat is severly flawed. Anyone who's ever done a leg press knows that (because of mechanical advantage) 495lbs on the leg press is not the same load on the legs as 495 lbs on a barbell doing squats.

The reason 10.2% of the population have back problems is because people are out of shape and sit on there ass too much. Of course injuries from lifting objects happens, but you can throw out your back picking up a shoe off the ground if you do it wrong. His use of this statistic is misleading.

Last but not least, he doesn't address the knees. IMO Leg press carries just as much potential for knee injuries as squats, do. In all reality they probably carry more potential that squats.

Any type of pressing puts strain on the rotator cuff. So by his logic no one should do any presses movements unless you are 18-40, trained by a coach, have no family history of shoulder problems, and are in a cage. His logic is once again flawed

This video is stupid. Scooby is kind of ignorant.

Overhead pressing, deadlifting, lateral raises, shrugs, Any standing movement also puts compression on the spine, are we to avoid them as well? By his logic we are.

Last edited by BigJosh; 04-27-2011 at 07:15 PM.
BigJosh is online now   Reply With Quote