BigJosh
Max Brawn
Points: 11,344, Level: 70 Points: 11,344, Level: 70 Points: 11,344, Level: 70
Activity: 17% Activity: 17% Activity: 17%

Training Exp: 7-8 years
Training Type: Fullbody
Fav Exercise: Bench Press and Curls Bro
Fav Supp: Opti-Men Multi Vit
BigJosh is a master memberBigJosh is a master memberBigJosh is a master memberBigJosh is a master memberBigJosh is a master memberBigJosh is a master memberBigJosh is a master memberBigJosh is a master memberBigJosh is a master memberBigJosh is a master memberBigJosh is a master member

Quote:
Originally Posted by andys_trim View Post
I drink it after my workout and before bed. Also I forgot to mention that it is mixed with whole milk. I eat almonds also post workout. I don't eat anything else until after my class. Then I usually eat chicken or steak with some veggies.

My main reason for posting this is because I've always been told. Whey = fast release. Casein = slow release. After your workout, you want whey so the protein will get to your muscles fast. If you don't do that, then you are wasting your time. And now my results are sort of contradicting that.
I read somewhere recently that the whole whey = fast release and casein = slow release idea that we often see marketed is a bit exageratted. Particularly in regard to casien. Pretty much (according to what I read) the idea that Casien is slow in the sense that it can take hours upon hours to digest is really a misconception.
Just thought I'd throw that out there.

Good job with your progress.

Oh one other thing, correct me if I'm wrong, but one of the drawback to casien vs. whey, would be the price, would it not?
BigJosh is online now   Reply With Quote