Viking Warrior
Max Brawn
Points: 9,101, Level: 64 Points: 9,101, Level: 64 Points: 9,101, Level: 64
Activity: 7% Activity: 7% Activity: 7%

Training Exp: 10 years
Training Type: 5x5
Fav Exercise: Bench Press
Fav Supp: Meat
big valsalva is a lifting beastbig valsalva is a lifting beastbig valsalva is a lifting beastbig valsalva is a lifting beastbig valsalva is a lifting beastbig valsalva is a lifting beastbig valsalva is a lifting beastbig valsalva is a lifting beastbig valsalva is a lifting beastbig valsalva is a lifting beastbig valsalva is a lifting beast

Quote:
Originally Posted by abett07 View Post
you have got me thinking about chin ups , are you sure that 15 working sets per week for the back isnt too much for someone with a few months experience ?

thanks for your help
I don't think it would be too much. You've got to consider that if you're like most folks, your chins won't amount to piddly poo at first. I am currently doing 5 sets to failure, and it looks like this: 1x1 1x1 1x1 1xpartial 1xpartial. I also suggested that you MAY want to drop shrugs for now. That will get you down to 12 working sets of back.

I don't mean to jack around your program. That wasn't my point. It was all about efficiency and streamlining. No sense doing two isolation exercises when one compound exercise will do. Chins would represent a vertical pull, just like the shrugs. Plus the biceps would get some work. I don't think you would be curling your body weight for 3x12. If you can, then I want to meet you.

Just my thoughts. I have no arguement with what you wrote. I do wish you well.

Cancer Survivor - 7/21/10

Benchmark 5K time: 27:45 (3/5/11)

It's not the weight we move, but the people we move that matters. -- Bearded Beast of Duloc (12/31/10)
big valsalva is offline   Reply With Quote