View Single Post
Old 04-24-2011, 09:38 PM   #23
abett07
Brawn
Points: 3,343, Level: 35 Points: 3,343, Level: 35 Points: 3,343, Level: 35
Activity: 1% Activity: 1% Activity: 1%

abett07 has made some very good postsabett07 has made some very good postsabett07 has made some very good postsabett07 has made some very good postsabett07 has made some very good postsabett07 has made some very good postsabett07 has made some very good postsabett07 has made some very good postsabett07 has made some very good postsabett07 has made some very good postsabett07 has made some very good posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by big valsalva View Post
I know this is getting off the original topic (frequency of squats/deadlifts). But upon further review of your proposed program, how about substituting some chinups instead of bicep curls. Your back will thank you, as it is a vertical pull (just like cleans), and your biceps will get some activity too. I know they're not a glamorous exercise. In fact, they can be downright humbling. But if you're willing to move your body through space doing dips, then maybe try moving your body through space doing chinups. Three to five sets to failure a couple times a week ought to do the trick. Maybe move dips to "Day 1" and chinups to "Day 2". I'd start with the underhand grip as it seems easier to me. Don't worry if you're like me and can barely do one rep. Just grab a bar and pull. If you can only get a partial rep, hold it for a few seconds. Your strength will eventually increase, and your back will look awesome.

This is not at all intended to be Gospel, just a suggestion. I stand by my earlier comment that what you proposed looked good.
you have got me thinking about chin ups , are you sure that 15 working sets per week for the back isnt too much for someone with a few months experience ?

thanks for your help
abett07 is offline   Reply With Quote