View Single Post
Old 04-20-2011, 08:26 PM   #6
BendtheBar
Bearded Beast of Duloc
Max Brawn
Points: 1,554,481, Level: 100 Points: 1,554,481, Level: 100 Points: 1,554,481, Level: 100
Activity: 49% Activity: 49% Activity: 49%

Training Exp: 20+ years
Training Type: Powerbuilding
Fav Exercise: Deadlift
Fav Supp: Butter
BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!

Quote:
Originally Posted by abett07 View Post
I have been training for 3 months , currently using starting strength .I will stick with starting strength for as long as I can

I guess my question was out of interest and looking ahead to my next workout were I want an A B full body with squats one day and deadlifts the next
Once you have run Starting Strength for a while, I would recommend the following pattern for an A/B split that is used 3 times per week:

A- Squats
B - Deadlifts
A - Squats
B - Romanian Deadlifts

You could certainly try alternating between Squats and deads and dropping Romanian deadlifts, but you may need to alternate between heavy and moderate deadlift days.

Are your goals primarily muscle building, or both strength and muscle?

Destroy That Which Destroys You

"Let bravery be thy choice, but not bravado."

Last edited by BendtheBar; 04-20-2011 at 08:29 PM.
BendtheBar is offline   Reply With Quote