View Single Post
Old 04-14-2011, 10:28 AM   #4
BendtheBar
Bearded Beast of Duloc
Max Brawn
Points: 1,554,481, Level: 100 Points: 1,554,481, Level: 100 Points: 1,554,481, Level: 100
Activity: 49% Activity: 49% Activity: 49%

Training Exp: 20+ years
Training Type: Powerbuilding
Fav Exercise: Deadlift
Fav Supp: Butter
BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!

Quote:
Originally Posted by wevie View Post
Thanks for the advice!

I got my BMR from the packet that comes with the Insanity workout as well from a calculator site and they both come up with around 1970. Of course that is what I burn from sitting in the couch all day. Do you think it is not right? I am 33, 197lbs and 5'11"

I am looking over the full body workouts to see which one I like best. I am looking for a M,W,F workout so I can use the weekends to recover and rest as well as not take any time away from my wife and daughter. I have been out of town for work for the last seven years so every minute counts.

As far as the supplements go, I think I will get the XTend or at least something like it. Some else suggested the Purple Wrath I think it is called. They also suggest this mix for a post workout drink. What do you think of it? He says it's about 330 calories. Whatever I decide upon, I am thinking I should be drinking it after lifting before I start my cardio?

What do you think about the 3 to 4 hours of cardio a week that I have been doing? Too much? Not enough?

Thanks again for all the advice. I fell a little smarter already!
Glad to help.

Your BMR might be lower. Could be under 2500. I always recommend starting a little high when trying to but and then slowly backing down on calories. Give 2300 a try and see what happens. Give it a good 2 weeks unless you gain weight during the first week.

With supplements like Purple Wrath or Xtend I tend to recommend that you start sipping immediately after you workout and right through your cardio. You can really drink it through the whole pre to post workout period, but not a lot of us can afford to guzzle mass quantities of it so if money is an issue just drink in during your workout and right after or during cardio.

Regarding the post-workout mix...330 calories sounds reasonable as long as it has protein and something like waxy maize. See if you can find the product name.

Destroy That Which Destroys You

"Let bravery be thy choice, but not bravado."

BendtheBar is online now   Reply With Quote