View Single Post
Old 04-13-2011, 09:45 AM   #1
BendtheBar
Bearded Beast of Duloc
Max Brawn
Points: 1,554,481, Level: 100 Points: 1,554,481, Level: 100 Points: 1,554,481, Level: 100
Activity: 49% Activity: 49% Activity: 49%

Training Exp: 20+ years
Training Type: Powerbuilding
Fav Exercise: Deadlift
Fav Supp: Butter
BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!
Default Training Programs

Last night I couldn't sleep so I was doing some reading, and came across a battle between Stronglifts and Starting Strength. It was a 30 page thread and fairly interesting.

Anyway, one of the questions rolling around in my head was this:

Would the average guy who "just" wants above average (good/respectable) size and strength:

A) Prefer a rigid system like Stronglifts and Starting Strength that provides results but little variety.

B) Prefer more flexibility and variety (like Wendler's or Dioggcrapp) - a system that equips them with the proper tools (progression and compounds), but allows them to tweek a bit to fit you needs.

Wendler's might not be the best example, but I think you get my point.

All things equal, being equipped with progression and compounds and the other necessary tools to succeed, do YOU prefer a rigid system like SS or SL, or a looser structure with more flexibility?

Destroy That Which Destroys You

"Let bravery be thy choice, but not bravado."

BendtheBar is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links