View Single Post
Old 04-11-2011, 08:32 AM   #13
BendtheBar
Bearded Beast of Duloc
Max Brawn
Points: 1,554,481, Level: 100 Points: 1,554,481, Level: 100 Points: 1,554,481, Level: 100
Activity: 49% Activity: 49% Activity: 49%

Training Exp: 20+ years
Training Type: Powerbuilding
Fav Exercise: Deadlift
Fav Supp: Butter
BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aurik View Post

And I know exactly what you mean by "90% of the gym rats". There are a mere handful of guys in my gym who will ever do a squat (much less a correct squat), and even less who do deadlifts, and even less who will do a standing press (push press or military press). The majority of them just want to do chest and arms all day long.
These are the real guys I am trying to help, and speak to.

I would never try to tell someone who has good size and strength how to train. I don't believe there is a "best way" for an experienced intermediate lifter. They train to fit their bodies and needs.

But more than that, I just wish we lived in a world where education on the differences between natural and assisted lifting were better known. You can't play soccer with bowling balls.

Destroy That Which Destroys You

"Let bravery be thy choice, but not bravado."

Last edited by BendtheBar; 04-11-2011 at 08:35 AM.
BendtheBar is online now   Reply With Quote