View Single Post
Old 04-07-2011, 01:48 PM   #11
5kgLifter
Kettlebells' Angel !!!!
Max Brawn
Points: 23,645, Level: 94 Points: 23,645, Level: 94 Points: 23,645, Level: 94
Activity: 11% Activity: 11% Activity: 11%

Training Type: Other
5kgLifter is one with Crom!5kgLifter is one with Crom!5kgLifter is one with Crom!5kgLifter is one with Crom!5kgLifter is one with Crom!5kgLifter is one with Crom!5kgLifter is one with Crom!5kgLifter is one with Crom!5kgLifter is one with Crom!5kgLifter is one with Crom!5kgLifter is one with Crom!

Quote:
Originally Posted by BendtheBar View Post
Thanks Carl.

Regarding obesity...if you get a chance watch "Fat Head". In the US obesity hasn't changed as much as the standards. I guess if you can label more people fat it becomes extremely profitable.

One thing I learned over the years is that my lipids and vitals are almost always amazing, even when I am super-heavy, as long as I am exercising.
I looked for a copy but I think they were very expensive and few copies about.

Quote:
Originally Posted by BendtheBar View Post
One of the crazy things that fat Head reveals is that heavier people live longer. And those with higher cholesterol live longer.

I am not talking morbidly obese folks, but I think you get the picture.
My cholesterol was higher than my neighbours, double I think, and he mentioned that he didn't want to worry me but his was 3 and he had a heart attack...yeah, that relaxed me NOT...but at the moment I'm still kicking, and this was a few years ago now.

Some people just have naturally higher levels as well, and the cholesterol lowering meds don't work on women over 40 (or 50, not sure which), even though they get dished out to them...plus they can/do cause nerve damage.