Thread: Fat Head
View Single Post
Old 04-07-2011, 11:38 AM   #10
BendtheBar
Bearded Beast of Duloc
Max Brawn
Points: 1,554,481, Level: 100 Points: 1,554,481, Level: 100 Points: 1,554,481, Level: 100
Activity: 49% Activity: 49% Activity: 49%

Training Exp: 20+ years
Training Type: Powerbuilding
Fav Exercise: Deadlift
Fav Supp: Butter
BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Carl1174 View Post
Ill try and watch it. It really irks me that they move the goalposts as such to make money, then they harp on about being humanitarian.

A lot of people arent obese, but they get labelled it, get depressed then actually become obese as a result of poor choices. Its like the self-fulfilling prophecy theory. If you go by BMI alone (which seems to be the standard that things like this are measured against) I am Obese, as are possibly most of the guys on this forum. Our diets would also be criticised as being too high in fat, too much red meat, etc etc, yet I doubt anyone could call us unhealthy once they actually took the time to assess us properly.

If all the time and effort that went in to bashing certain foods/lifestyles and the subsequent labels that come with it was channeled in to proper education then there wouldnt be a problem in the first place. But then the multi-billion dollar business that is 'health' food would collapse and the American and British Government would lose a lot of money...

It sucks

Carl.
One of the crazy things that fat Head reveals is that heavier people live longer. And those with higher cholesterol live longer.

I am not talking morbidly obese folks, but I think you get the picture.

Destroy That Which Destroys You

"Let bravery be thy choice, but not bravado."

BendtheBar is offline   Reply With Quote