View Single Post
Old 04-07-2011, 11:22 AM   #7
Carl1174
Max Brawn
Points: 14,417, Level: 77 Points: 14,417, Level: 77 Points: 14,417, Level: 77
Activity: 43% Activity: 43% Activity: 43%

Training Exp: 3-4 years
Training Type: Fullbody
Carl1174 is a lifting machineCarl1174 is a lifting machineCarl1174 is a lifting machineCarl1174 is a lifting machineCarl1174 is a lifting machineCarl1174 is a lifting machineCarl1174 is a lifting machineCarl1174 is a lifting machineCarl1174 is a lifting machineCarl1174 is a lifting machineCarl1174 is a lifting machine

Quote:
Originally Posted by BendtheBar View Post
Thanks Carl.

Regarding obesity...if you get a chance watch "Fat Head". In the US obesity hasn't changed as much as the standards. I guess if you can label more people fat it becomes extremely profitable.

One thing I learned over the years is that my lipids and vitals are almost always amazing, even when I am super-heavy, as long as I am exercising.
Ill try and watch it. It really irks me that they move the goalposts as such to make money, then they harp on about being humanitarian.

A lot of people arent obese, but they get labelled it, get depressed then actually become obese as a result of poor choices. Its like the self-fulfilling prophecy theory. If you go by BMI alone (which seems to be the standard that things like this are measured against) I am Obese, as are possibly most of the guys on this forum. Our diets would also be criticised as being too high in fat, too much red meat, etc etc, yet I doubt anyone could call us unhealthy once they actually took the time to assess us properly.

If all the time and effort that went in to bashing certain foods/lifestyles and the subsequent labels that come with it was channeled in to proper education then there wouldnt be a problem in the first place. But then the multi-billion dollar business that is 'health' food would collapse and the American and British Government would lose a lot of money...

It sucks

Carl.

Last edited by Carl1174; 04-07-2011 at 11:26 AM.
Carl1174 is offline   Reply With Quote