View Single Post
Old 11-30-2009, 05:20 PM   #18
BendtheBar
Bearded Beast of Duloc
Max Brawn
Points: 1,554,481, Level: 100 Points: 1,554,481, Level: 100 Points: 1,554,481, Level: 100
Activity: 49% Activity: 49% Activity: 49%

Training Exp: 20+ years
Training Type: Powerbuilding
Fav Exercise: Deadlift
Fav Supp: Butter
BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!

Quote:
Originally Posted by AthleteCreator View Post
Can someone please educate me on the difference between a power clean and a hang clean?

To me, a hang clean is where the bar begins at, or just below, the knees and caught with your quads below parallel.

To me, a power clean is where the bar begins at the floor and caught with your quads above parallel.

By Jesse's and some of Brawny's language, I am sensing that my exact terminology is not correct.

Someone set the record straight for me, please.

Also, not sure when I'd get a chance to make it, but I would love to make a "how-to" on this movement. Seems like lotsa people don't quite get it.
Hang clean starts with the knees bent, holding the bar a bit below the knees. Some clean into a full squat, and some just to the shoulders, like this guy:

I perform hang cleans (right now) like the guy in the video, primarily because I'm still learning the movement.

Power cleans are from the floor. I'm noticing that the hips start lower then with deadlifts.

Destroy That Which Destroys You

"Let bravery be thy choice, but not bravado."

BendtheBar is online now   Reply With Quote