View Single Post
Old 04-06-2011, 07:49 AM   #59
BendtheBar
Bearded Beast of Duloc
Max Brawn
Points: 1,554,481, Level: 100 Points: 1,554,481, Level: 100 Points: 1,554,481, Level: 100
Activity: 49% Activity: 49% Activity: 49%

Training Exp: 20+ years
Training Type: Powerbuilding
Fav Exercise: Deadlift
Fav Supp: Butter
BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!

Quote:
Originally Posted by old school View Post
I've seen bodybuilders that are big that don't go super heavy and I've seen powerlifters who deadlift 3 times their bodyweight who dont even look like they lift.
I have never seen a bodybuilder who didn't, at one time, train heavy. I work with, talk with, document, and train with the best naturals on the planet. A few might say they train relatively light right now, or they might say they don't train heavy right now, but that generally means they are no longer pushing for squats above 450 or benches above 375, or something along those lines.

"Super heavy" is relative, and beyond the point, we are talking about progression. Every major bodybuilder I know trains with what would be considered "super heavy" weight to even other experienced naturals.

And I have never seen a 3x bodyweight deadlifting powerlifter who doesn't have muscle. Just because they don't look like Ronnie Coleman doesn't mean they aren't incredibly muscular for their size. In fact, most powerifters on this forum that are near 3x (DW, IM) have damn impressive physiques - physiques most "abs and bicepts brahs" would die to have.

This entire post smacks to me of an opinion formed online, and not by actual experience.

Destroy That Which Destroys You

"Let bravery be thy choice, but not bravado."

BendtheBar is offline   Reply With Quote