View Single Post
Old 04-05-2011, 11:06 AM   #7
BendtheBar
Bearded Beast of Duloc
Max Brawn
Points: 1,554,481, Level: 100 Points: 1,554,481, Level: 100 Points: 1,554,481, Level: 100
Activity: 49% Activity: 49% Activity: 49%

Training Exp: 20+ years
Training Type: Powerbuilding
Fav Exercise: Deadlift
Fav Supp: Butter
BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!

Quote:
Originally Posted by LtL View Post
See we have national health but for any sports injuries I still just go privately. If I went through NHS the problem would be fixed by the time they saw me OR they'd do what they have done in the past which is three things:

1. Tell me I'm fat (I'm not massively but according to BMI I'm obese).
2. Tell me not to lift.
3. Tell me to take ibuprofen.

I can do 2 out of those 3 myself (very rarely do I stop lifting )!!!

LtL
^ That's about the horse crap I would receive going to my normal doc. My visit would go like this:

1) Wait for 45 minutes to be seen.
2) Nurse brings me back, weighs me, takes blood pressure and vitals.
3) I sit waiting for the doctor for another 20 minutes.
4) Doctor enters...pokes and prods for 2 minutes and tries to look interested. Says a total of 3 words.
5) Doctor step out of the room for 10 minutes.
6) Doctor returns and says that "there is no sharp pain so I do not see any reason for an X-ray, so I think you should just rest up and take it easy for a month."
7) Doctor then stands, tells me he will give me a prescription for the pain (that I don't have) just in case, and leaves.
8) I wait 15 more minutes.
9) Nurse enters, hands me the prescription, I toss it in the garbage, and I leave.

I am 99.9% sure this is exactly how things would go. Then I would get a huge bill.

Destroy That Which Destroys You

"Let bravery be thy choice, but not bravado."

BendtheBar is online now   Reply With Quote