44 yr bulk phase complete
Max Brawn
Points: 2,936, Level: 33 Points: 2,936, Level: 33 Points: 2,936, Level: 33
Activity: 2% Activity: 2% Activity: 2%

Training Exp: 1yr since coming back
Training Type: ARGH!!!
Fav Exercise: Leg Press
Fav Supp: Thank god for elastamine!
Szelago is a consistent contributorSzelago is a consistent contributorSzelago is a consistent contributorSzelago is a consistent contributorSzelago is a consistent contributorSzelago is a consistent contributorSzelago is a consistent contributorSzelago is a consistent contributorSzelago is a consistent contributorSzelago is a consistent contributorSzelago is a consistent contributor

Quote:
Originally Posted by BendtheBar View Post
It isn't like supplements make you magically big and strong. Those claims are for the fringe supps. And there is so much more to supplementation than just nutrition.

Xtend helps with my recovery as does BCAAs, even when I am eating enough. My DOMS are noticeably better. Fish oil and joint supps I use as a fail safe. Fish oil helps with inflammation.

I don't always have the time to eat perfectly, or a diverse amount, so I take beef aminos and a multivitamin. Test boosters help with my recovery as well. Protein powder...well, I don't want to be choking down chicken all day long. So it's a convenience.

Creatine improves my performance and endurance, and that impact is multiplied when I take it with beta alanine. A pre-workout gives me good focus and energy, which I appreciate because I am not always 100% every day.

Supplements help me to perform better, help with quality of life, energy, health, joint health, sexual health. I wouldn't trade my staples for anything.

A 1% edge when training hard is a 1% edge I will take. I used to be completely anti-supplement until I could afford them and try them. I learned that there is so much more to supplementation than nutrition.

You can eat perfect and still have joint issues, DOMS and feel drained. We all have been there, especially if we train hard. I am not here to sell anyone anything, but I will say that I have learned not to discount the impact of supps until I try them.

Xtend literally changed my life. So did the focus from the pre-workout Muscle Marinade, as well as the strength boost I get from creatine. That along with test boosters and BCAAs and my recovery is much better. I never, never, never have to suffer through intense muscle soreness anymore. Because of this I can train better, with less worry about injury.
BTB pretty much wrote what I was just about to write.
I guess the only thing that I might add is that some supps may help with specific medical issues as well. That is the case for me anyway. I would rather take a food derived supp than a pharceutical if I have that option.
And often the supps are a cheaper way to go (fish oil and protein powder for example)

In the mirror of adversity we see what we are truly made of.
Szelago is offline   Reply With Quote