Chillen
Max Brawn
Points: 6,498, Level: 52 Points: 6,498, Level: 52 Points: 6,498, Level: 52
Activity: 8% Activity: 8% Activity: 8%

Training Exp: 5+ years
Training Type: Bodybuilding
Fav Exercise: Pullup/Bent Over Row
Fav Supp: Feeding the Brain
Chillen is a master memberChillen is a master memberChillen is a master memberChillen is a master memberChillen is a master memberChillen is a master memberChillen is a master memberChillen is a master memberChillen is a master memberChillen is a master memberChillen is a master member

I agree with the use of Creatine (mono), it is supported in quality research papers.

Whether I decide to take a supplement depends on my dietary and training goals. For example: I will not take Creatine Mono, when leaning down because of the tendency for it to cause water retention (and carbohydrates are lower). However, I will take Creatine Mono when wanting to add weight, because carbohydrates are up (which aides water to muscle), and due to its water retention side effects.

Another example: When using diet/training to lean down, I tend to want hard-long digesting foods, and do not like to drink liquids (because they digest a much faster rate); therefore, I will refrain from Whey powder for this reason (sometimes I may use a scoop in Fiber-One cereal), unless I am not hitting my personal protein target (which is especially essential in a leaning down diet), then I will. But this is rare.

Other than the possibilty of these two (and flax and fish oil), I tend to manipulate calories and macros to achieve what I want out of training, and generally do not take anything.

Edit: I tend to use a fiber supplement when dieting-down, it swells in the stomach, and aides the deviation of hunger cravings. For example, I will eat regular-fiber one, and sprinkle a Fiber Supplement and sometimes whey powder with it. In addition, though generally not viewed as a supplement, I view going to the grocery store with the sole purpose of buying (food items) that are extrememely low in calories to combat hunger cravings when leaning down as a: Proactive supplment, and I fill my fridge and cupboard with them.

Peace and happiness.

After losing 40+ unwanted lbs:

At 152/154lbs:

At 162-168:

Last edited by Chillen; 04-04-2011 at 08:35 PM.
Chillen is online now   Reply With Quote