View Single Post
Old 04-04-2011, 07:36 PM   #3
BendtheBar
Bearded Beast of Duloc
Max Brawn
Points: 1,554,481, Level: 100 Points: 1,554,481, Level: 100 Points: 1,554,481, Level: 100
Activity: 49% Activity: 49% Activity: 49%

Training Exp: 20+ years
Training Type: Powerbuilding
Fav Exercise: Deadlift
Fav Supp: Butter
BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!

Here's my take.

It isn't like supplements make you magically big and strong. Those claims are for the fringe supps. And there is so much more to supplementation than just nutrition.

Xtend helps with my recovery as does BCAAs, even when I am eating enough. My DOMS are noticeably better. Fish oil and joint supps I use as a fail safe. Fish oil helps with inflammation.

I don't always have the time to eat perfectly, or a diverse amount, so I take beef aminos and a multivitamin. Test boosters help with my recovery as well. Protein powder...well, I don't want to be choking down chicken all day long. So it's a convenience.

Creatine improves my performance and endurance, and that impact is multiplied when I take it with beta alanine. A pre-workout gives me good focus and energy, which I appreciate because I am not always 100% every day.

Supplements help me to perform better, help with quality of life, energy, health, joint health, sexual health. I wouldn't trade my staples for anything.

A 1% edge when training hard is a 1% edge I will take. I used to be completely anti-supplement until I could afford them and try them. I learned that there is so much more to supplementation than nutrition.

You can eat perfect and still have joint issues, DOMS and feel drained. We all have been there, especially if we train hard. I am not here to sell anyone anything, but I will say that I have learned not to discount the impact of supps until I try them.

Xtend literally changed my life. So did the focus from the pre-workout Muscle Marinade, as well as the strength boost I get from creatine. That along with test boosters and BCAAs and my recovery is much better. I never, never, never have to suffer through intense muscle soreness anymore. Because of this I can train better, with less worry about injury.

Quite frankly, I wish I had the money to take all of the supps I want to take. But I don't.

Destroy That Which Destroys You

"Let bravery be thy choice, but not bravado."

Last edited by BendtheBar; 04-04-2011 at 08:31 PM.
BendtheBar is offline   Reply With Quote