View Single Post
Old 04-04-2011, 08:08 AM   #1
BendtheBar
Bearded Beast of Duloc
Max Brawn
Points: 1,554,481, Level: 100 Points: 1,554,481, Level: 100 Points: 1,554,481, Level: 100
Activity: 49% Activity: 49% Activity: 49%

Extreme Mini Golf Champion!Tournaments Won: 6

Training Exp: 20+ years
Training Type: Powerbuilding
Fav Exercise: Deadlift
Fav Supp: Butter
BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!
Default My Deadlift Program

I spent the last 6 months training deadlift a bit differently. By no means take this as a "real approach". It just goes to show that if you listen to your body you can overcome stalls despite minor injuries, and that you can make gains without ramming it full throttle all year round.

--I trained primarily sumo, and rarely over 405. (This was a weak movement for me)
--I dropped RDLs as they were starting to bother my hip.
--I dropped all lower back intense work, including good mornings, front squats, zerchers, rack pulls, etc.
--I performed quite a few high rep deadlift sets with 15-20 reps.
--I dropped heavy squats and performed mostly high rep squat work.
--I focused on heavy rows...including barbell and dumbbell rows.
--I focused on heavy abs work.

The result was a 20 pound PR. Not a bad 6 months. At my old age, and my strength levels...I will take 40 pounds a year on any big lift.

What it really taught me was that I can take a period of time and train moderate with the big lifts while pushing for improved strength on certain bodyparts, and it can pay off.

My upper back was very strong, but now I can strict barbell row 315x5. My abs strength really improved as well. So while I was training moderate on squats and deads, I was improving relevant bodypart strength and healing injuries by avoiding bothersome exercises.

Destroy That Which Destroys You

"Let bravery be thy choice, but not bravado."

BendtheBar is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links