View Single Post
Old 11-30-2009, 09:37 AM   #8
BendtheBar
Bearded Beast of Duloc
Max Brawn
Points: 1,554,481, Level: 100 Points: 1,554,481, Level: 100 Points: 1,554,481, Level: 100
Activity: 49% Activity: 49% Activity: 49%

Extreme Mini Golf Champion!Tournaments Won: 6

Training Exp: 20+ years
Training Type: Powerbuilding
Fav Exercise: Deadlift
Fav Supp: Butter
BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!

Dr. Squat responded to a thread I posted on his site:

Quote:
Aw! Science marches on! I gotta tell ya, if I were able to coach Anderson, Hepburn or Park, they'd have done MUCH better than they did!

And, if my daughter Disa was able to coach me in my day, perhaps I'd have done much better too!!

Science marches on!
Unfortunately, he never provided science. That's what I truly was after. I wanted the science behind his beliefs. I also found the comment on Anderson, Park and Hepburn to be rather arrogant.

I should also mention that the replies from Dr. Squat's board disagreed that these lifters used full body approaches.

Anderson pummeled his body on Monday, Wednesday and Friday, and did heavy squats on off days. This was primarily a fullbody AB split. Park, we know, used fullbody routines. And Hepburn used fullbody variations.

To me, a split is separating into muscle grounds for bodybuilding or lifts for powerlifting.

Destroy That Which Destroys You

"Let bravery be thy choice, but not bravado."

BendtheBar is online now   Reply With Quote