Pain Master
Max Brawn
Points: 3,850, Level: 39 Points: 3,850, Level: 39 Points: 3,850, Level: 39
Activity: 0% Activity: 0% Activity: 0%

Training Exp: ~23 years
Training Type: Other
Fav Exercise: Back Squat
Fav Supp: Fish-oils
BRaWNy is a dedicated contributorBRaWNy is a dedicated contributorBRaWNy is a dedicated contributorBRaWNy is a dedicated contributorBRaWNy is a dedicated contributorBRaWNy is a dedicated contributorBRaWNy is a dedicated contributorBRaWNy is a dedicated contributorBRaWNy is a dedicated contributorBRaWNy is a dedicated contributorBRaWNy is a dedicated contributor

Don't do high reps with cleans imho.
It's an technique based exercise and it's not for straight adding muscles.
Cleans teach you to have power and more functional, and your CNS to become more efficient so you can use better the high threshold motor units.
So they can help you to become more efficient to add muscles and strength with any exercise you use, not exactly Cleans alone.
And because of that reasons, I think they should be done at first in training and I mean before any musclegroup related exercise.
When you get fatigued in musclegroups that will be used with cleans, it's bad for technique.
Another reason, you prime your CNS with them, to have a better workout after.

And because you added them recently and I assume you never used them before, it's another reason to keep the reps low to learn the technique better.
With high reps somebody tends to lose his form.

If you need high total reps with them, do more set of low reps to compensate.
I would never go higher than 5 with them, and I think tripples are good for, and even singles and doubles.
You can also use cluster style with them.
BRaWNy is offline   Reply With Quote