Thread: Bones To Pick
View Single Post
Old 11-30-2009, 01:31 AM   #8
MattB
Brawn
Points: 1,230, Level: 19 Points: 1,230, Level: 19 Points: 1,230, Level: 19
Activity: 3% Activity: 3% Activity: 3%

MattB is a dedicated contributorMattB is a dedicated contributorMattB is a dedicated contributorMattB is a dedicated contributorMattB is a dedicated contributorMattB is a dedicated contributorMattB is a dedicated contributorMattB is a dedicated contributorMattB is a dedicated contributorMattB is a dedicated contributorMattB is a dedicated contributor

Quote:
Originally Posted by MuscleandBrawn View Post
I'm sure lack of sleep isn't optimal.

But like you, I really don't believe that diet is 80%. It might be that much if you are looking to place in a modern natural bodybuilding show where it's all about being ripped.
I agree with you on the sleep. All through college I rarely got more than 6 hours of sleep(If that) and I still made my best gains. I do feel much better with more rest though.

As long as you are in a caloric surplus I gotta agree on the diet as well. To me periodization is probably the most important aspect. Whether it be cycling training frequency,volume,intensity,etc.

Now I will say when it comes to cutting, diet becomes a major factor. Not so much what you eat, but the macronutrients you are consuming.
MattB is offline   Reply With Quote