View Single Post
Old 11-29-2009, 02:46 PM   #5
BendtheBar
Bearded Beast of Duloc
Max Brawn
Points: 1,554,481, Level: 100 Points: 1,554,481, Level: 100 Points: 1,554,481, Level: 100
Activity: 49% Activity: 49% Activity: 49%

Training Exp: 20+ years
Training Type: Powerbuilding
Fav Exercise: Deadlift
Fav Supp: Butter
BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Grim83 View Post
maybe i should clarify that is a dumbass quote, i know he is very smart, and i've read a few of his articles, but he is very close minded from what i can tell
I hope you didn't take my response the wrong way. I agree with you...there are many close-minded individuals in every aspect of life.

One thing I've learned as I get older is that the longer someone studies and believes in something, the harder it is for them to give it up. Even in the face of an evolving truth or reality.

This goes for Mike Mentzer, Dr. Squat, Casey Butt, and me and you.

Please understand, I am not debating who is right. That's not my point. My point is that each of us should remain open-minded as we progress on our journey. We should not dig our trenches so deep that we can't get out.

There are many days that I'm tempted...tempted to dig a deep trench, find the science to back it up, and package it for sale. I DO have a favorite way of training. But I try to remain open.

I've lifted on splits for 23 years. This month I've decided to try a full body workout. I could have easily shouted from the mountain tops..."splits work!" But I want to learn.

I hope each of us remains willing to learn. There will ALWAYS be a better way. The human body is too complex.

I know Casey Butt would agree with this. He is not an either or type of guy. I know Mike Mentzer would agree with this, but only within his "lens" of training reality.

As for Dr. Squat..well, I'm sure his opinion is based on something. And I think when a man is the first to squat 1000 pounds, we should listen. We should listen with a willingness to learn.

I'm not trying to lecture anyone. Everyone has a right to their pursuit of truth in their own way. But on the other hand, I've seen people with all kinds of beliefs...religious, political, etc., hate each other because of deep trenches.

Some of the biggest and strongest people on the planet (naturals or "un" natural) don't use full body routines. I think a good question is..."what can we learn from them to improve out full body approach?"

Destroy That Which Destroys You

"Let bravery be thy choice, but not bravado."

Last edited by BendtheBar; 11-29-2009 at 02:53 PM.
BendtheBar is online now   Reply With Quote