Old 03-26-2011, 09:31 AM   #5
dmaipa
Living in the Shadows
Max Brawn
Points: 12,684, Level: 73 Points: 12,684, Level: 73 Points: 12,684, Level: 73
Activity: 0% Activity: 0% Activity: 0%

Training Type: Bodybuilding
Fav Supp: Food
dmaipa is a lifting machinedmaipa is a lifting machinedmaipa is a lifting machinedmaipa is a lifting machinedmaipa is a lifting machinedmaipa is a lifting machinedmaipa is a lifting machinedmaipa is a lifting machinedmaipa is a lifting machinedmaipa is a lifting machinedmaipa is a lifting machine

I go for absolute stimulus since training with heavier loads increases the release of testosterone. although i do use relative stimulus as well, i like for focus more on absolute stimulus because i feel those are the exercises that causes the muscle to grow much more. You can't forget that fast twitch muscles (type II fibers) are the muscles that grow the biggest and strongest, and are stimulated by either lifting explosively or by absolute stimulus.

When training with relative stimulus (slow negatives, using a lighter load, slow contractions, etc.), although it will cause muscle damage which in turn will allow muscle growth through proper nutrition, I personally would choose absolute stimulus.

A disadvantage of training with absolute stimulus all the time is that it will take a toll on your joints and CNS which is why there needs to be a balance between the two. For muscle growth and strength? ABSOLUTE STIMULUS

THE AIPA PROJECT | HAWAII FITNESS AND AWESOME KU LIFESTYLE BLOG

Youtube Channel: THE AIPA PROJECT

Twitter, Instagram, Facebook: @theaipaproject
dmaipa is offline   Reply With Quote