View Single Post
Old 03-26-2011, 09:22 AM   #8
5kgLifter
Kettlebells' Angel !!!!
Max Brawn
Points: 23,645, Level: 94 Points: 23,645, Level: 94 Points: 23,645, Level: 94
Activity: 11% Activity: 11% Activity: 11%

Training Type: Other
5kgLifter is one with Crom!5kgLifter is one with Crom!5kgLifter is one with Crom!5kgLifter is one with Crom!5kgLifter is one with Crom!5kgLifter is one with Crom!5kgLifter is one with Crom!5kgLifter is one with Crom!5kgLifter is one with Crom!5kgLifter is one with Crom!5kgLifter is one with Crom!

Though it's not entirely along the same lines of "Low carb", if any of you are able to get hold of a copy of The China Study by Campbell and Campbell, it raises some interesting points about carbohydrate high/low diets and the sort of carbohydrate consumed, amongst other things.

I haven't read much of the book yet, but it's very good reading considering we all want the best from the diet. Certainly a book worth having on your shelf.

Concerning the protein/fat (carb) question, I feel it's really a case of a decent balance of all food groups...the problem with the carbs is most of the ones we eat are highly processed and I really think that's where the big problems are arising. Wheat is used more than spelt, whereas spelt is the oldest grain source known (I believe) but wheat was derived from it, modified basically, in order to grow in other climates and it's intriguing to find out that splet is tolerated a lot better than the wheat we now eat.

Last edited by 5kgLifter; 03-26-2011 at 09:25 AM.
5kgLifter is offline   Reply With Quote