Bigger, Stronger, BAMA!
Max Brawn
Points: 26,424, Level: 97 Points: 26,424, Level: 97 Points: 26,424, Level: 97
Activity: 7% Activity: 7% Activity: 7%

Training Exp: 5
Training Type: ARGH!!!
Fav Exercise: Squats
Fav Supp: Deadlifts
bamazav is a master memberbamazav is a master memberbamazav is a master memberbamazav is a master memberbamazav is a master memberbamazav is a master memberbamazav is a master memberbamazav is a master memberbamazav is a master memberbamazav is a master memberbamazav is a master member

I would like to see a study about the types of carbs. What we have seen in the last century is an increase in production and consumption of processed simple carbs, loaf breads, cereals, instant this or that. At the same time we have seen an increase in obesity.

I am also praying over and about the foods listed in the Bible. Would God tell his creation to eat something that would kill them? A whole nother discussion. Anyway, while there are carbs on the list, NONE, would have been highly processed, but would have been stone ground mostly by hand. This would retain almost all of the fiber and nutrients. But, aside from the few grains listed, Barley, Wheat, Millet, Spelt and a few Legumes, Lentils primarily, and a few of the fruits, the overall food listing is fairly low carb.

We should also remember that until relatively recently, most grain foods were used as minor sides, not as main dishes. Even our pasta favorites were to be side dishes of the meat and veggies. The western diet began using grains as a cheap source of food and thrust them to the forefront. (again, a whole nother discussion)
Attached Files
File Type: doc Bible Foods.doc (16.0 KB, 193 views)

Meet Maxes: Gym Maxes:
Squat 308 315
Bench 176 185 This WILL change!
Deadlift 408 375

Shooting for a 1000+ total for next meet, spring/summer 2015. (see quote below)

"If there is nothing you can improve on, your standards are too low!" - BAMA Strength Coach Scott Cochran

1Co 9:27 But I discipline my body and keep it under control, lest after preaching to others I myself should be disqualified

Last edited by bamazav; 03-25-2011 at 02:40 PM.
bamazav is offline   Reply With Quote