BigJosh
Max Brawn
Points: 11,344, Level: 70 Points: 11,344, Level: 70 Points: 11,344, Level: 70
Activity: 17% Activity: 17% Activity: 17%

Training Exp: 7-8 years
Training Type: Fullbody
Fav Exercise: Bench Press and Curls Bro
Fav Supp: Opti-Men Multi Vit
BigJosh is a master memberBigJosh is a master memberBigJosh is a master memberBigJosh is a master memberBigJosh is a master memberBigJosh is a master memberBigJosh is a master memberBigJosh is a master memberBigJosh is a master memberBigJosh is a master memberBigJosh is a master member

Quote:
Originally Posted by *MC* View Post
Went through this last year Josh.

I was first referred to a sports medicine clinic, but that doctor gave me a BS response (stop doing what hurts and take pills), so I then went to see a PT (who himself lifts and is into sports medicine).

I should have gotten an MRI, but did not. A MRI would have let the PT know if what was wrong possibly required surgery. His stance was, we will treat it as if it does not--if it does not respond, you need to get an MRI and then be referred to a surgeon (which he wanted to avoid).

Even without that, he diagnosed my problem and put together a plan that eventually got me back into the gym again. I had to relearn how my shoulder blade was supposed to behave and strengthen my RC and a lot of other muscles.

Good luck!
I'm encouraged to hear that you got through it.
Anymore I have little faith in medical professionals and I fear that, unless I go to the right person, I will get the don't lift weights and take pills answer.
BigJosh is online now   Reply With Quote