View Single Post
Old 11-28-2009, 07:04 PM   #20
glwanabe
Max Brawn
Points: 15,106, Level: 79 Points: 15,106, Level: 79 Points: 15,106, Level: 79
Activity: 0% Activity: 0% Activity: 0%

glwanabe is a master memberglwanabe is a master memberglwanabe is a master memberglwanabe is a master memberglwanabe is a master memberglwanabe is a master memberglwanabe is a master memberglwanabe is a master memberglwanabe is a master memberglwanabe is a master memberglwanabe is a master member

An approach I like is to progress linear fashion until I wont be able to keep upping the weight. At that point I just start adding a rep or two at my highest worksets. I then start a rep progression ladder to a predetermined point. When I've reached the rep goal , I'll reset, and make another run at a linear weight increase again. Old school and simple, but it works. You can make fairly large jumps with this method, but I prefer to make small jumps and continue with a weekly linear increase.

for instance, lets say you could jump 20lbs for a workset. I'd still only do 10, and give myself a little time to adjust to a much higher workweight. Making the big jump all at once may stall you out again sooner.
Momentum is what you what to preserve.
glwanabe is offline   Reply With Quote