View Single Post
Old 11-27-2009, 07:33 PM   #17
BendtheBar
Bearded Beast of Duloc
Max Brawn
Points: 1,554,481, Level: 100 Points: 1,554,481, Level: 100 Points: 1,554,481, Level: 100
Activity: 49% Activity: 49% Activity: 49%

Training Exp: 20+ years
Training Type: Powerbuilding
Fav Exercise: Deadlift
Fav Supp: Butter
BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!

Quote:
Originally Posted by glwanabe View Post
Good stuff MAB,

I've been watching the youtube vids of Ripptoe and squat form. I'm really working on getting the hip drive out of the hole, and getting the body angles he talks about. I've also been slowly lowering down into it, and then really focusing the drive up. I've gotta remember it's a leg press out of the hole, to an upright position at the top.

I'm really getting keen on the whole posterier chain aspect of getting a good squat, and deadlift. POWER!
I need to re-learn myself right now. I spent 18 months box squatting exclusively, with a wide stance, and I started getting in the bad habit of dropping too quickly. I knew something was waiting below, so I stopped sinking...and my knees started taking a beating.

Slow sink for me keeps tension. I need to see if that's what the gurus teach?

Destroy That Which Destroys You

"Let bravery be thy choice, but not bravado."

Last edited by BendtheBar; 11-27-2009 at 07:36 PM.
BendtheBar is online now   Reply With Quote