View Single Post
Old 11-27-2009, 07:30 PM   #15
glwanabe
Max Brawn
Points: 15,106, Level: 79 Points: 15,106, Level: 79 Points: 15,106, Level: 79
Activity: 0% Activity: 0% Activity: 0%

glwanabe is a master memberglwanabe is a master memberglwanabe is a master memberglwanabe is a master memberglwanabe is a master memberglwanabe is a master memberglwanabe is a master memberglwanabe is a master memberglwanabe is a master memberglwanabe is a master memberglwanabe is a master member

Quote:
Originally Posted by MuscleandBrawn View Post
After 23 years, you're still learning, ladies and germs. I've been trying to master - hone - my squat form and take the tension off the front quads for nearly a year now. And the answer was so damn simple.

SINK slowly into the hole. Keep tension. Don't lower or drop into the hole. Sinking keeps the tension on the hammies, and makes the knee, for me, align in its natural position.
Good stuff MAB,

I've been watching the youtube vids of Ripptoe and squat form. I'm really working on getting the hip drive out of the hole, and getting the body angles he talks about. I've also been slowly lowering down into it, and then really focusing the drive up. I've gotta remember it's a leg press out of the hole, to an upright position at the top.

I'm really getting keen on the whole posterier chain aspect of getting a good squat, and deadlift. POWER!
glwanabe is offline   Reply With Quote