View Single Post
Old 11-27-2009, 02:36 PM   #4
BendtheBar
Bearded Beast of Duloc
Max Brawn
Points: 1,554,481, Level: 100 Points: 1,554,481, Level: 100 Points: 1,554,481, Level: 100
Activity: 49% Activity: 49% Activity: 49%

Extreme Mini Golf Champion!Tournaments Won: 6

Training Exp: 20+ years
Training Type: Powerbuilding
Fav Exercise: Deadlift
Fav Supp: Butter
BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!

Quote:
Originally Posted by glwanabe View Post
Both B, and C are good questions for the answer. I've removed "A" because I don't believe he is maxed out. He may be close, but not maxed out.

I'm going to go with C, final answer.
Very close.

The correct answer in B. Francisco weighs 176 at competition weight, which is far from maxing out. I received these numbers from Francisco himself. He is about 14 to 16 pounds (assuming the worst that he is VERY small boned like me) short of his natural potential.

What does this reveal to us?

A) That even a hard, hardgainer can look good and massive.
B) You do NOT need to be a monster to compete.

DISCUSS.

Regarding training, Francisco does a 5 day split and hits every bodypart twice a week. He has a heavier and lighter rep day.

He is very Arnoldian in his training.

Notes

One thing I'm learning about naturals as I profile them is that few of them are at their natural limits. I don't know if this is from the focus on being ripped on stage, or from the training approach. This is a good topic for discussion.

Destroy That Which Destroys You

"Let bravery be thy choice, but not bravado."

Last edited by BendtheBar; 11-27-2009 at 02:39 PM.
BendtheBar is online now   Reply With Quote