MikeM
Max Brawn
Points: 12,864, Level: 74 Points: 12,864, Level: 74 Points: 12,864, Level: 74
Activity: 13% Activity: 13% Activity: 13%

Training Exp: in 3rd year
Training Type: Powerlifting
Fav Exercise: Deadlift
Fav Supp: Food
MikeM is an elite memberMikeM is an elite memberMikeM is an elite memberMikeM is an elite memberMikeM is an elite memberMikeM is an elite memberMikeM is an elite memberMikeM is an elite memberMikeM is an elite memberMikeM is an elite memberMikeM is an elite member

That was a very interesting article. However, I was a runner too in high school. Mile and cross country, and played soccer too. I don't think any of that has anything to do with my squat now. If anything, those hard core full leg workouts probably help me now adjust to heavy leg workouts as opposed to the average joe squatting and deadlifting after sitting at a desk all day long.

That said, I couldn't press for sh** ever in my whole life, but when I started doing push presses and cleans, all of a sudden I could static press way bigger numbers. I think activating the fast twitch fibers helped my slow twitch ones to make me stronger overall.

Bottom line, in my opinion, if you only train slow twitch static lifts, you are limiting yourself. If you add in dynamic lifts to add fast twitch to slow twitch fiber growth, then you maximize your ability.

Some of that thinking got Jimmy the greek fired, but I actually think he was onto something.

My .02
MikeM is offline   Reply With Quote