View Single Post
Old 03-06-2011, 06:18 PM   #16
Isaku900
Wild Iron Gym
Uber Brawn

Training Exp: 10+
Training Type: Westside
Fav Exercise: Big 3
Isaku900 has made some very good postsIsaku900 has made some very good postsIsaku900 has made some very good postsIsaku900 has made some very good postsIsaku900 has made some very good postsIsaku900 has made some very good postsIsaku900 has made some very good postsIsaku900 has made some very good postsIsaku900 has made some very good postsIsaku900 has made some very good postsIsaku900 has made some very good posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by gaspers04 View Post
Thanks for reading.

Squat work is all straight weight. I have a full set of bands (#1 mini - #5 large), but Im not sure how to incorporate them into my squats. I replaced the bottom bolts on all four corners with a home made version of band pegs that I just started using for bench and deads.

I train at home solo so a lot of this is trial and error for me.
A typical speed squat cycle that I've used is:

week 1: 50%+light band
week 2: 55%+light
week 3: 60%+light
week 4: deload or skip to week 5
week 5: 50%+average band (or chains)
week 6: 55%+average
week 7: 60%+average
week 8: deload or skip to week 9
week 9: 50%+varied contrast (light or average band+chains)
week 10: 55%+varied
week 11: 60%+varied
week 12: deload into meet/testing.

you can see if that kind of variation will work for you, the 4th week deload isn't required, but squatting against tension tends to beat you up just a bit more than otherwise.

The point of using accommodating resistance is to give you added variation and to train various portions of the strength curve. I can take the same movement, a low box squat and turn it into 7 or 8 different movements by adding different types and variations of contrast, specialty bars, etc.

Become a fan of Wild Iron Gym on Facebook:

Last edited by Isaku900; 03-06-2011 at 06:23 PM.
Isaku900 is offline   Reply With Quote