View Single Post
Old 03-01-2011, 11:29 AM   #24
Carl1174
Max Brawn
Points: 14,417, Level: 77 Points: 14,417, Level: 77 Points: 14,417, Level: 77
Activity: 43% Activity: 43% Activity: 43%

Training Exp: 3-4 years
Training Type: Fullbody
Carl1174 is a lifting machineCarl1174 is a lifting machineCarl1174 is a lifting machineCarl1174 is a lifting machineCarl1174 is a lifting machineCarl1174 is a lifting machineCarl1174 is a lifting machineCarl1174 is a lifting machineCarl1174 is a lifting machineCarl1174 is a lifting machineCarl1174 is a lifting machine

Quote:
Originally Posted by *MC* View Post
Hmmm, I hadn't been paying any attention to Forum Rep over here. As opposed to some other places, it seems to matter less and less. Everyone I read here seems serious, so I just read and quote, etc.

I agree with being nice to inexperienced posters/lifters. We all have to start somewhere and while Google is awesome, there is a ton of conflicting information and misinformation through which a novice would need to sift.
I dont think anyone over here is really bothered about reps (plus no one really knows how it works and whos got what lol ) The great thing is everyone on here pretty much gives sound advice and helpfull/encouraging info so it just becomes ridiculous cos you would just want to rep everything...
Quote:
Originally Posted by BendtheBar View Post
The helpful post thing is more fun for me than reps. It's easier to see who likes what. At least for me.
Quote:
Originally Posted by glwanabe View Post
Agreed!
Quote:
Originally Posted by bamazav View Post
Agreed x 2
Quote:
Originally Posted by 5kgLifter View Post
^^Ditto that!

Far too many times the rep system gets to be obsessively focussed on, abused and ends up eventually just being its own downfall; whereas with a "I found this helpful" system, it's nicer and more useful.
Totally agree.... its nice knowing some one has found something you said helpfull, and its not open to stupidness

Carl.
Carl1174 is offline   Reply With Quote