Bigger, Stronger, BAMA!
Max Brawn
Points: 26,424, Level: 97 Points: 26,424, Level: 97 Points: 26,424, Level: 97
Activity: 7% Activity: 7% Activity: 7%

Training Exp: 5
Training Type: ARGH!!!
Fav Exercise: Squats
Fav Supp: Deadlifts
bamazav is a master memberbamazav is a master memberbamazav is a master memberbamazav is a master memberbamazav is a master memberbamazav is a master memberbamazav is a master memberbamazav is a master memberbamazav is a master memberbamazav is a master memberbamazav is a master member

Quote:
Originally Posted by AlexBB View Post
Hi Carl thanks again.

I forgot to mention that I did follow the 50% guideline the first week of training (so basically the week that I posted is my 2nd week into the program).

Here is my 1RM estimation for the lifts:
Squat 276
BB row 130
DB Bench Press 70's
DB press 55's
BB curl 50
Deadlift 276

So I worked out with half of that weight the first week. and I was able to complete all the week's work. fairly easy

And as in the OP says:
"a reasonable weight to work at for straight sets, is one that lets you complete 2 sets at full reps, and has you stuggling to complete the third."

and because I wasnt struggling in the third set. I decided to increase the weight, maybe I went a little high on some exercises but still I was able to complete the total work of the week. so still Im questioning myself I f I should keep working out from that weight or I f I should go back to 50-60%
My 2 cents? Don't drop back now. If you accomplished all of the sets easily, increase slightly, and try again. There is no easy formula. I would use a slow progression to move toward your optimal working weights. You want to be worked, but not totally shot. Remember with FB you are shooting for the week's worth of work, not one session.

Meet Maxes: Gym Maxes:
Squat 308 315
Bench 176 185 This WILL change!
Deadlift 408 375

Shooting for a 1000+ total for next meet, spring/summer 2015. (see quote below)

"If there is nothing you can improve on, your standards are too low!" - BAMA Strength Coach Scott Cochran

1Co 9:27 But I discipline my body and keep it under control, lest after preaching to others I myself should be disqualified
bamazav is offline   Reply With Quote