View Single Post
Old 02-27-2011, 04:02 PM   #6
AlexBB
Brawn
Points: 820, Level: 15 Points: 820, Level: 15 Points: 820, Level: 15
Activity: 4% Activity: 4% Activity: 4%

AlexBB has made some very good postsAlexBB has made some very good postsAlexBB has made some very good postsAlexBB has made some very good postsAlexBB has made some very good postsAlexBB has made some very good postsAlexBB has made some very good postsAlexBB has made some very good postsAlexBB has made some very good postsAlexBB has made some very good postsAlexBB has made some very good posts

Hi Carl thanks again.

I forgot to mention that I did follow the 50% guideline the first week of training (so basically the week that I posted is my 2nd week into the program).

Here is my 1RM estimation for the lifts:
Squat 276
BB row 130
DB Bench Press 70's
DB press 55's
BB curl 50
Deadlift 276

So I worked out with half of that weight the first week. and I was able to complete all the week's work. fairly easy

And as in the OP says:
"a reasonable weight to work at for straight sets, is one that lets you complete 2 sets at full reps, and has you stuggling to complete the third."

and because I wasnt struggling in the third set. I decided to increase the weight, maybe I went a little high on some exercises but still I was able to complete the total work of the week. so still Im questioning myself I f I should keep working out from that weight or I f I should go back to 50-60%
AlexBB is offline   Reply With Quote