View Single Post
Old 02-27-2011, 05:52 AM   #5
Carl1174
Max Brawn
Points: 14,417, Level: 77 Points: 14,417, Level: 77 Points: 14,417, Level: 77
Activity: 43% Activity: 43% Activity: 43%

Training Exp: 3-4 years
Training Type: Fullbody
Carl1174 is a lifting machineCarl1174 is a lifting machineCarl1174 is a lifting machineCarl1174 is a lifting machineCarl1174 is a lifting machineCarl1174 is a lifting machineCarl1174 is a lifting machineCarl1174 is a lifting machineCarl1174 is a lifting machineCarl1174 is a lifting machineCarl1174 is a lifting machine

Quote:
Originally Posted by AlexBB View Post
Thanks a lot! That definitely helped me a lot. So would you recommend me to work out with 50% of my max? Even if I can complete all the week training with a heavier weight?? And Im thinking dead-lift is an exception to the 50% guideline...

I read your post about your experience with the program and the mistakes you have made. Thats an amazing post with lots of useful information. Thanks again

Thanks Btb!!
Yes start with 50% across the board and move up a rep or two each session, you will soon start to feel the effects and get an idea of where you are gonna be weight wise. Remember this is a completely different approach and the weights you have lifted before are irrelevent. With deadlifts the 3 sets are to be ramped up so i would do 50/60/70% as a starter and see how you go. Remember there is still a whole workout to do AFTER the deadlifts and you dont want to completely fatigue yourself on them. It is one thing to push the boundries of what you can do, but another thing to wipe yourself out so the rest of the workout suffers. its hard to do, but the sooner you can get your head aroung the fact you arent training body parts as such, but doing a whole session the easier it will be.

It seems at first like you wont be lifting enough, but you are still getting worked, but more importantly in the first couple of weeks you are preparing your CNS for what is gonna come.

Glad you liked the post. We all have to make the mistakes so we learn, but if you have learnt anything from it then it was worth posting.

Smash it buddy

Carl.
Carl1174 is offline   Reply With Quote