View Single Post
Old 07-13-2009, 05:13 AM   #5
BendtheBar
Bearded Beast of Duloc
Max Brawn
Points: 1,554,481, Level: 100 Points: 1,554,481, Level: 100 Points: 1,554,481, Level: 100
Activity: 49% Activity: 49% Activity: 49%

Training Exp: 20+ years
Training Type: Powerbuilding
Fav Exercise: Deadlift
Fav Supp: Butter
BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!

Quote:
Originally Posted by maokoto View Post
I myself am sort of a "hardgainer". I lose weight on two or three days of reduced calories eating.

However it is not so difficult to gain. I remember 5 years ago, when I was running marathons and switched to weight training. For months it is was impossible for me to raise above 80-82 kg (180 lbs), until I decided to take nutrition as another training. I began to eat far beyond satiety, drink milk instead of water and go eat something every 2-3 hours. I soon broke the barrier and raised my weight.
Welcome to the forum.

Your post made me think about how many trainees there must be out there that make no gains at all. I'm sure there's a good share of them, and most of them could benefit from doing exactly what you did.

Was there something that triggered your switch to milk and eating more? ...like reading about the 20 rep squat and whole milk routine, or did you just get frustrated and give it a try?

Learning to out eat your metabolism can be a tough thing to do.

Destroy That Which Destroys You

"Let bravery be thy choice, but not bravado."

BendtheBar is online now   Reply With Quote