Thread: Trap Bars
View Single Post
Old 02-22-2011, 01:53 PM   #17
jslep
Max Brawn
Points: 10,539, Level: 68 Points: 10,539, Level: 68 Points: 10,539, Level: 68
Activity: 4% Activity: 4% Activity: 4%

2D Knock-Out Champion! Lost for Words - Football Teams Champion!
Training Exp: 15 years
Training Type: Powerbuilding
Fav Exercise: bench and moar bench
Fav Supp: red meat
jslep is a lifting beastjslep is a lifting beastjslep is a lifting beastjslep is a lifting beastjslep is a lifting beastjslep is a lifting beastjslep is a lifting beastjslep is a lifting beastjslep is a lifting beastjslep is a lifting beastjslep is a lifting beast

Quote:
Originally Posted by Isaku900 View Post
i did a TBDL my sophomore year of high school of 550lbs, my conventional deadlift was around 405 at the time. Its not even close. My squat was even weaker at the time in the mid 300s.
ok first off i want to congradulate you on being one strong m'F'n sophmore! but if we go back to your other quote........

"TBDL is a great way to pick up 500lbs without being particularly strong"

..........did you not think you were pretty strong at the time you could squat mid 300's and dead 405. those lifts are strong if your 30 let alone when your 16. and you also didn't answer the question of how the movement can't be beneficial to a powerlifter. its still a compound movement that could build huge strength. a lot of strongmen use the movement and also do powerlifting. i think they probably find it beneficial. do you only do Bench, Deads, and Squats because thats the only movement done in comp? just because the grip and movement is slightly changed and you can apply better leverage does not mean the lift couldn't increase your potential in a deadlift.
jslep is offline   Reply With Quote