Isaku900
Wild Iron Gym
Uber Brawn
Points: 1,239, Level: 19 Points: 1,239, Level: 19 Points: 1,239, Level: 19
Activity: 11% Activity: 11% Activity: 11%

Training Exp: 10+
Training Type: Westside
Fav Exercise: Big 3
Isaku900 has made some very good postsIsaku900 has made some very good postsIsaku900 has made some very good postsIsaku900 has made some very good postsIsaku900 has made some very good postsIsaku900 has made some very good postsIsaku900 has made some very good postsIsaku900 has made some very good postsIsaku900 has made some very good postsIsaku900 has made some very good postsIsaku900 has made some very good posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by jslep View Post
i don't agree at all..............

first off if you can pick 500lbs up off the ground i don't care how you do it you are one strong S.O.B.

and as far as not developing strength for a powerlifter i guess i don't get where you are coming from. wouldn't it just be a variation of a squat. the weight is just at your sides. you still need to engage the same core group of muscles. you called it a standing leg press..........isn't that what a squat is?

Quote:
Originally Posted by BendtheBar View Post
For what it's worth, I felt that I could have hit about 600-610 on a trap bar deadlift. My conventional deadlift is about 565-570. So it was easier by 30-40 pounds or so.

I know nothing about the carry over to conventionals, but I will say that it didn't exactly feel like a standing leg press. It felt like a deadlift with a better mechanical advantage.
i did a TBDL my sophomore year of high school of 550lbs, my conventional deadlift was around 405 at the time. Its not even close. My squat was even weaker at the time in the mid 300s.

Become a fan of Wild Iron Gym on Facebook:
Isaku900 is offline   Reply With Quote