Viking Warrior
Max Brawn
Points: 9,101, Level: 64 Points: 9,101, Level: 64 Points: 9,101, Level: 64
Activity: 7% Activity: 7% Activity: 7%

Training Exp: 10 years
Training Type: 5x5
Fav Exercise: Bench Press
Fav Supp: Meat
big valsalva is a lifting beastbig valsalva is a lifting beastbig valsalva is a lifting beastbig valsalva is a lifting beastbig valsalva is a lifting beastbig valsalva is a lifting beastbig valsalva is a lifting beastbig valsalva is a lifting beastbig valsalva is a lifting beastbig valsalva is a lifting beastbig valsalva is a lifting beast

Quote:
Originally Posted by MikeM View Post
I'm currently 188 lbs, and I'm thinking I'll need to add an extra protein session each day, so I'm going to be rejiggering my diet a bit too as I absolutely do not want to gain fat if possible. I'm thinking 180-200 grams of protein a day?

OK, let's see where this goes. Any advice or comments are most welcome.
Overall, I love where this is going, Mike. Basic lifts, good solid approach and progression. Should be a winner for you.

Your concern about fat gain raises a yellow flag for me though. It normally wouldn't have, but I just read an article off T-Nation today that got me thinking otherwise. I pasted a link for your edification and for others too. Nutshell version though, towards the end, the author (Mark Rippetoe) says that if you're training and eating to gain, you WILL end up gaining a bit of fat. I think he said the proportions work out to 60% lean muscle gain to 40% fat gain. He proposes to not sweat the fat gain - for now, and once your strength and physique goals are met, THEN do a quick blast of fat attack.

T NATION | A Cold Slap in the Newbie Face: Recover More, Grow More

I wish you all the best. Hope you meet your goals. Now go out and smash some weights.

Cancer Survivor - 7/21/10

Benchmark 5K time: 27:45 (3/5/11)

It's not the weight we move, but the people we move that matters. -- Bearded Beast of Duloc (12/31/10)
big valsalva is offline   Reply With Quote