View Single Post
Old 02-20-2011, 10:59 AM   #26
BendtheBar
Bearded Beast of Duloc
Max Brawn
Points: 1,554,481, Level: 100 Points: 1,554,481, Level: 100 Points: 1,554,481, Level: 100
Activity: 49% Activity: 49% Activity: 49%

Training Exp: 20+ years
Training Type: Powerbuilding
Fav Exercise: Deadlift
Fav Supp: Butter
BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!

Quote:
The 100% Raw standards are way too low. I agree with Eric Talmant's reasoning. At 242, the 1607 total required by 100% Raw is nowhere near what I would consider elite.
1607. 1857 for a TRUE natural is an insane total.

500 Bench
600 Squat
700 Deadlift

Then add 57 more pounds....Raw, natty? Maybe one a decade. If that. They would be an utter freak.

As a raw, natty lifter who is right at the cusp of getting 1500 myself, I could possibly see hitting 1600, but 1700 for me is a fantasy. I certainly could see a total slightly higher than 1607, but not much higher. I respect Tony, but think 1700 is too high for a true natty.

I guess it's all in definitions. If you want 3-4 a year reaching elite then 1607. If you want 1-2 every 50 years then 1857. Again, talking TRUE natties, not de facto natties who become nattie because of poor drug testing. or lack of drug testing.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bodybygamma View Post
Elite should be hard to obtain, about the 1% category, factoring the aspects of RAW. 242LBS. DRUG TESTED. IN A SANCTIONED COMPETITION.
I have personally talked to 100% Raw's Paul Bossi and as is there are very few Elite lifters. Only a handful in 100% Raw that reach Elite. We talked about Elite standards and I think they are set appropriately. Small adjustments may be needed but nothing dramatic.

I have also talked to him about drug testing. I know and trust that Bossi gets the job done when testing. He doesn't "token" drug test.

Quote:
Originally Posted by IronManlet View Post

When there have been lifters putting 300lb sandbags over their heads one-handed, doing 600lb Squats into their 60's, Deadlifting 700lbs one-handed, and generally ****ing shit up all over the place without gear, it seems like people should be aiming a little higher. Maybe even a lot higher.
No disrespect meant, but this is a bit of fantasy land stuff. A 600 natty raw squat is certainly not unheard of, but in the 60's maybe one guy has done it. Grimek was doing 500 for reps. Not sure if he hit 600.

You have to be careful with this stuff IM. It's simply not realistic for natties unless they are extreme genetic freaks, as in one a century.

Destroy That Which Destroys You

"Let bravery be thy choice, but not bravado."

Last edited by BendtheBar; 02-20-2011 at 12:12 PM.
BendtheBar is online now   Reply With Quote