MikeM
Max Brawn
Points: 12,864, Level: 74 Points: 12,864, Level: 74 Points: 12,864, Level: 74
Activity: 13% Activity: 13% Activity: 13%

Training Exp: in 3rd year
Training Type: Powerlifting
Fav Exercise: Deadlift
Fav Supp: Food
MikeM is an elite memberMikeM is an elite memberMikeM is an elite memberMikeM is an elite memberMikeM is an elite memberMikeM is an elite memberMikeM is an elite memberMikeM is an elite memberMikeM is an elite memberMikeM is an elite memberMikeM is an elite member

This thread has been very insightful for me as I have fallen victim to a lot of foolishness the past 18 months. By no means am I saying you are foolish Coop, but I totally understand your desire to overthink everything and find ways to work harder or reinvent the wheel. I never saw a lift I wouldn't try to work into my routine, always thinking I would hit every conceivable muscle in my body from every conceivable angle and somehow I would create a perfectly balanced body, whatever that means.

Finally, it struck me that I will never be using a single arm incline cable pull or a concentric DB preacher curl in real life. If I want to pick something up in my garage or throw my children up when we play, I'm not really going to be any better at it because I did decline flys the day before. At least your modifications have some basis in reality because of your impingment and uber-enthusiasm, mine was just idiocy apparently.

It was an epiphany. Only took 18 months to hit me. I think you are ahead of the game.
MikeM is offline   Reply With Quote