View Single Post
Old 02-19-2011, 10:19 PM   #7
kitarpyar
Max Brawn
Points: 23,931, Level: 94 Points: 23,931, Level: 94 Points: 23,931, Level: 94
Activity: 50% Activity: 50% Activity: 50%

Training Type: Fullbody
Fav Exercise: Deadlift
kitarpyar is a master memberkitarpyar is a master memberkitarpyar is a master memberkitarpyar is a master memberkitarpyar is a master memberkitarpyar is a master memberkitarpyar is a master memberkitarpyar is a master memberkitarpyar is a master memberkitarpyar is a master memberkitarpyar is a master member
Default Day zero - 19th Feb 2011

Thanks everyone. Its good to be back!

Did 4 lifts in order to get some idea about starting maxes.

Cleans - 135 lbs (30 lbs down)
Press - 120 lbs (40 lbs down)
Squat - 210 lbs (45 lbs down)
Deadlift - 265 lbs (100 lbs down)

Bodyweight - 164 lbs (~10-11 lbs down)

Given the duration of the layoff, I am not too unhappy. I felt pretty sure that I could go quite some more heavier on the deads, but one step at a time ...

My current constraints mean I can workout only on Mon, Tue, Thurs and Fri as well as the occasional weekend. Allowing for this, coupled with the fact that my primary goal now is to build back some strength, I think I will go full-body.

Each session, I am going to pick a pulling movement, a pushing movement and one that involves legs. Of the three 1 or 2 would be the main lifts I am interested in improving. The other would be some sort of a supporting exercise. Depending on how things move, I will hit the gym anywhere between 3 and 5 times a week.

The next thing to do is to zero in on the lifts. I will group them into three categories.

One - major lifts - these are the ones I will train to get stronger on: Clean and press, Squat and Deadlift.

Two - supporting lifts - it will be nice to get stronger on these, but I wont aim specifically for them - rack pulls, Close-grip bench press, Barbell rows, pull-ups, front squats and leg press.

Three - misc - whatever is the flavor of the day. To be done at the end of the session, if at all. Curls, french press, calf raise, forearm curls etc.
kitarpyar is offline   Reply With Quote