Strongman/Powerlifter
Max Brawn
Points: 13,632, Level: 75 Points: 13,632, Level: 75 Points: 13,632, Level: 75
Activity: 5% Activity: 5% Activity: 5%

Training Exp: 3+years PL/SM Comps
Training Type: SFW!
Fav Exercise: DEATH-LIFT
Fav Supp: Muscle-Juice/MonsterRehab
Bodybygamma is a master memberBodybygamma is a master memberBodybygamma is a master memberBodybygamma is a master memberBodybygamma is a master memberBodybygamma is a master memberBodybygamma is a master memberBodybygamma is a master memberBodybygamma is a master memberBodybygamma is a master memberBodybygamma is a master member

The bodyguard says:

A few responses:

No, you're not a "freak", but if you did those numbers clean, you are. Still, you are comparing yourself to "all time" kind of guys, and I'm not sure "elite" is defined that way. I forget the formula, but it was much more (relatively) forgiving than comparing yourself to any "all time" great - more along the lines of top 1% lifts in that weight class.

With reference to those "tested" lifters you mention, simply put, they are cheating. I really don't have much of a response for that other than it has a lot to do with how I feel about powerlifting and my opinion that it's a solitary sport. If you're taking something banned and you are still considered drug free, where is the line drawn? So the conclusions I've come to after more than 10 years is that I can't control inconsistency in judging, I can't control who's "on" or not, or who gets tested, or if they are clean or who even shows up. I can only strive to best my current total and that's the only thing within my control. The "sport" is in shambles for this reason.

You're not far from me. Where is the Raw Unity meet? Do you have a link? I might get out and compete or support you. I'm in NJ. Good luck with your training.
Bodybygamma is offline   Reply With Quote