Strongman/Powerlifter
Max Brawn
Points: 13,632, Level: 75 Points: 13,632, Level: 75 Points: 13,632, Level: 75
Activity: 5% Activity: 5% Activity: 5%

Training Exp: 3+years PL/SM Comps
Training Type: SFW!
Fav Exercise: DEATH-LIFT
Fav Supp: Muscle-Juice/MonsterRehab
Bodybygamma is a master memberBodybygamma is a master memberBodybygamma is a master memberBodybygamma is a master memberBodybygamma is a master memberBodybygamma is a master memberBodybygamma is a master memberBodybygamma is a master memberBodybygamma is a master memberBodybygamma is a master memberBodybygamma is a master member

Ski wrote:
I think your sense of what the human body is capable of is off. I put together a 1745 total at 242 without even training specifically for powerlifting or going through a peaking cycle, and I don't consider myself particularly gifted compared to what I've seen others do. 1607 feels like a joke, while 1857 seems entirely within my reach.

I think the reason you're not seeing many 700 lb. raw squats and deadlifts is because most powerlifters don't compete raw.

the BG wrote:
oookay. Here's a suggestion for you - DO IT RAW and report back. Me thinks you underestimate what you get from your gear. Anyway, your opinion, like mine, is worthless - consult with the top 100 lifts and report back on all those 700lb deadlifts for 242. I pick the deadlift because it's the least likely to be influenced by gear - and even then, it's not adjusted for drug free. I don't think you can make your case by the numbers - cold hard facts. All the "elite" totals thrown around from various feds over time have been corrupted by drugs and gear, over time. And yes, I am perfectly in tune with what the human body can do. But that's not really the discussion. The discussion is what is an elite RAW total. Ever wonder why these guys don't compete RAW? I'll tell you why; 500lb benches become 400lb or less. 750lb squats become 550lb squats. That's why. I've squatted X of 700lbs and I honestly can't say I could have squatted 600 RAW then. I don't think I'm the exception.

TBG also says:
Elite signifies the top 1%. They used to use a mathematical formula to come up with it. What you or I, or skizac "thinks" is irrelevant. Make your case with the #'s. Cull all the RAW #'s and make your case. Hell, cull the PLUSA top 50 for the deadlift and try to make your case. I challenge you. I'm not quite interested in "untested" but thanks anyway. I still say that the lower numbers are closer to ELITE for a tested RAW lifter.
Bodybygamma is offline   Reply With Quote