Strongman/Powerlifter
Max Brawn
Points: 13,632, Level: 75 Points: 13,632, Level: 75 Points: 13,632, Level: 75
Activity: 5% Activity: 5% Activity: 5%

Training Exp: 3+years PL/SM Comps
Training Type: SFW!
Fav Exercise: DEATH-LIFT
Fav Supp: Muscle-Juice/MonsterRehab
Bodybygamma is a master memberBodybygamma is a master memberBodybygamma is a master memberBodybygamma is a master memberBodybygamma is a master memberBodybygamma is a master memberBodybygamma is a master memberBodybygamma is a master memberBodybygamma is a master memberBodybygamma is a master memberBodybygamma is a master member

TheBodyGuard wrote:
Of course, I have some qualifying questions too; are we talking drug tested? The higher table implies "single ply" equipment although I'm not sure what he intended to say as its a bit awkward as stated.

Ski wrote:
The Raw Unity Meet numbers are raw, including no knee wraps, but untested.

TheBodyGuard wrote:
So you think 1857 is more like it? Hmmm. Let's do some simple math on that. Assuming a modest 450 BP, that leaves a 700 squat and deadlift. Now, I know these numbers don't quite impress anyone anymore, what with all the 500lb benchers around nowadays (the ones that can't really bench 350 raw but that's another debate) but I'd venture to say that those numbers are a bit high.

Ski Wrote:
They're supposed to be high. That's what elite means. The term has been watered down to the point that everybody expects to be able to call themselves elite. A 1607 raw total at 242 is achievable by just about anybody with dedication. That doesn't mean "elite" to me. A performance of 700/457/700 does. Just so we're totally clear, I'm talking about raw lifting: no suits, no shirts, no knee wraps.

The BG wrote
I think your sense of proportion is way way way off. First of all a 700lb pull is a big pull and not many have eclipsed it at 242 whether gearedand untested or not. Next, how many raw legal 700lb squats have you seen at 242? Go to plusa top lifts at that weight and see if you can support your case. I doubt it. And I'd wager all the top 50 lifts are geared and a majority untested. Gear and drugs have so perverted powerlifting that you could actually feign a sneeze at a 1600 raw total. I'm not looking for a gear or drug debate but I stronly disagree with you. There's a legion of 800lb squatters or better that can't manage a 700 raw squat and don't even get me started on the bench press!
Bodybygamma is offline   Reply With Quote